COVID-19 Event Safety Guidelines
The health and safety of our colleagues and all our attendees remains our number one priority at Beacon Events.
With that in mind, Beacon Events continues to monitor Government guidelines in the cities and Countries where our events are held. We have also developed formal health and safety protocols for our future events. These are updated on a continuing basis, please check back here for any updates.
We look forward to seeing you again at our events, to reconnect with our communities;
Collaboration and Engagement;
Collaborating with the relevant country authorities, global trade and industry associations, and our venue partners is a critical component of our approach to COVID-19 safety.
This engagement differs country to country and helps us to ensure that we can follow the relevant protocols in place across our global event series.
Venue Safe Partnership
- Beacon Events will work with our Event Venue Partners to plan and implement control safety measures. All plans will be scalable dependant on future restrictions or easing of restrictions. This is to ensure a level of certainty in this ever-changing environment.
Risk Management Plans
- Beacon Events will work with our Event Venue Partners to put in place a Risk Assessment plan which will include but will not be limited to the following measures;
- Personal Safety and Hygeine
- Health and Safety Measures
- Contactless Ticketing and Registration
- Crowd Control and Queue Management
- Visitor and Contractor Communication
- Incident Management
Increased Health & Safety Measures
- Physical Distancing 1.5m
- Social distance of 1.5 metres in practice when queuing at any service counters and between each table in all working station. *will be updated in line with government policies per event
- Floorplans have been designed with 1.5 metres physical distancing in mind. Further instruction to be displayed on floor-marking and digital signage.
- Distance Markers throughout the venue
- A series of decals will be situated across the venue at high traffic flow areas including food and beverage serving, registration, walkways and entrance to theatres. The decals will indicate the 1.5m physical distancing recommendation.
- The signage will be a reminder to follow physical distancing measures across the event venue.
- Plexiglass barriers
- To create a safe physical barrier, plexiglass barriers will be in place at customer service desks and food and beverage service areas for the safety of our customers, visitors and employees.
- Contactless ticketing
- We will continue to offer contactless ticketing collection at our registration areas.
- Hygiene and Cleaning
- Cleaning of the venue to a high standard of hygiene before and after each day of the event. Working with venue and partners to ensure cleanliness.
- Disinfecting frequently touched areas such as escalator handrails, elevator control panels, and door knobs several times per day
- Maintain good indoor ventilation
- Auto-sanitization dispensers will be available throughout our event spaces to encourage all participants to keep their hands clean.
- Frequency of cleaning and disinfecting restrooms will be increased across the venue.
- Proper covered receptacles for used tissue paper disposal and surgical masks across the venue
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for protection against infectious materials including masks, disinfecting wet wipes and hand gloves are available in the organiser office.
- Compulsory temperature check and hand sanitation for all participants at each entrance. The organiser reserves the right to refuse entry of any participant with body temperature at 38 degree Celsius (℃) or 100.4 Fahrenheit (℉) or above. Or display unlawful or offensive behaviour
Wellbeing of our Attendees;
- Provide resources on our event website and relevant links to educate attendees
- Increase communication prior to and during the event around our protocols and safety measure
- If attendees have any symptoms of COVID-19 or are unwell in any way, we ask that they please follow Government advice, which is to get tested and stay home to quarantine until they are advised otherwise
- Additional signage as a reminder to follow physical distancing measures across the event venue
Security & Tracing
- Require attendees to ‘Check in’ and provide contact details via the state based APP or local systems dependent on the country and state the event is held in
- Work with relevant state authorities for contract tracing
- Have incident management plans in place with venue and relevant state authorities
For the latest advice and information, please visit
Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert | Australian Government Department of Health
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Beacon Events team at CS@beaconevents.com