High Speed Rail investment, planning and implementation has already started in India, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand and Australia and is rapidly becoming a critical part of each country’s transportation strategy. High Speed Rail Asia 2010 is the event for rail industry’s leading players who are currently tackling the strategic, technical and operational challenges of designing, delivering, operating and maintaining an efficient high speed rail network. High Speed Rail Asia 2010 is targeted at those interested not only in the latest developments in the high speed rail industry but also in the policies, regulations and economics modelling that ensure the creation and operation of world class high speed rail systems.
High Speed Rail Asia 2010 examined and discussed high speed rail infrastructure development, anticipated market growth, challenges and opportunities, financing and funding options, advances in technological innovation and the expected market potential. An international panel of government, operator and industry specialists shared their experiences and insight on high speed rail.
Key Issues Addressed at High Speed Rail Asia 2010 included:
- What cost vs benefit factors need to be taken into consideration when developing and implementing high speed rail systems?
- What impact will high speed rail have on domestic aviation – competition or complementary?
- What are the potential funding options available to countries looking at high speed rail?
- What technologies are to be considered for high speed rail implementation and what are their economic implications?
- What integration solutions are available to ensure that technologies from various suppliers work together?
- What are the key station design, track-rail interface and rolling stock innovations that should be looked at?
- What economies of scale can be achieved from developing dedicated high speed rail corridors – both for passenger and freight rail?
- What lessons can be learnt from the success and challenges of countries currently implementing high speed rail systems?
Post Event Media Coverage
- Rail link moving rapidly as HK$18b contracts awarded (14 July 2010, SCMP) READ MORE
- Hong Kong High-Speed Railway May Be Completed Early (13 July 2010, Bloomberg) READ MORE